A More Flexible You
There are many reasons to be a more flexible you, particularly as you age. Being flexible can improve your athletic performance, as well as decrease your risk of injury from muscle and disc strains that occur as we perform our daily activities. Your aching back and tweaked shoulders will thank you if you remain flexible. Men tend to be more muscular but less flexible than women, so we need to focus on stretching and flexibility. Performing yoga and stretching exercises has improved my running, and resulted in fewer injuries, too.
Some other benefits of flexibility include:
- better posture
- making cardio activity easier
- making travel more comfortable
- making bending, sitting and standing easier
Here are the 9 top links to improve your flexibility:
- 12 Yoga Poses For People Who Aren’t Flexible – From Health Magazine here are some gentle poses and helpful modifications that are perfect for beginners and those who lack flexibility.
- 7 Ways To Improve Flexibility For Men – Men’s Fitness will have you touching your toes in no time without affecting your strength or size.
- 10 Best Stretches For Flexibility – This workout from Self Magazine will loosen you up in no time flat.
- Starting Stretching – This is a great routine for the beginner.
- How To Get Flexible Fast – Most flexibility articles present a cookie-cutter approach for how to stretch. This one helps you assess your needs, and then helps you create a customized routine.
- Stretching 30th Anniversary Edition – This is the book that trainers suggest for virtually every sport and activity, and that medical professionals recommend to people just starting to get back in shape.
- 10 Day Flexibility Challenge – This is the first in a 10-part series of videos by PsycheTruth to improve your flexibility.
- Kit Laughlin on YouTube – Videos on flexibility and strength.
- Stretching For Runners – Runner’s World offers a great workout to make runners more flexible.
If you need some workout music, check out our playlist.
Here’s the pdf version of this post in case you want to get it and go!